"If your photographs aren't good enough, you aren't getting close enough." Robert Capa

"When everything is said and done, when everything has gone, the photograph is what's going to remain. The photographer is the producer of history."
Nat Finklestein

"We are all here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that death will tremble to take us."
Charles Bukowski

Monday 15 March 2010

Kinky by name, kinky by nature.






























































A sunny afternoon, an abandoned house and a wired model.... not as sinister as it sounds....

I recently found a spare role of 120 film left over from one of last term's projects, tucked away at the back of my random tat drawer. As I seem to be in a really pleasant period of frenetic creativity at the minute, I couldn't stand to spend the weekend without making something. Borrowing my trusty comrade's vintage medium format camera and ensnaring another poor soul, on the tail end of a two day bender, into modeling for me, I set off to a local abandoned property.

These images were shot 6x6 on an old Yashica-Mat TLR. The film stock is Ilford FP4 Plus but it was push processed by around a stop and a half in order to create a certain amount of contrast compression. This little selection were all light metered by eye (probably the thing that I am most proud of) and are lit entirely with available light; no flash fills or reflectors.

Much love and gratitude to my friend Kinky for coming out to do this.

2 comments: